You get support from all sorts of places...and you never really realize how good you have it until crisis strikes. Or tragedy. Or whatever.
You always see those posts on Facebook. "You have xxxxx amount of friends, but how many of them are real friends? How many of them could you call in the middle of the night..." blah blah blah. As trite and cliche as it is...it gets you to think. How many of the friends on your list...or even friends in real life...could you call at 2am? How many could you ask to check out a funny mole? or tell a story about how you farted in the bathtub (for the record...I'm making this all up). Before the whole Jonny deployment thing...I would have wondered. But that's all since been cleared up.
I'm no martyr. I'm not saying that I need a pat on the back for making a sacrifice, or special recognition. That's not what I'm asking for. But I want to praise the people who are coming out of the woodwork and reaching out. From the friends who send daily text messages to see how I'm "doing today", to the ones who make sure I can't walk past them without getting a hug, to the ones who send e-mails, or the ones who grab me by my shoulders and say, "I'm here whenever you need me. You know that right? Any time. Don't be stubborn. If you need someone to talk to. I'm here." It's pretty obvious that I'm loved, thought of, and supported.
There are so many of you who have reached out...and I thank you for that. It's gonna be a long, hard, tear-filled year, but it'll be worth it. 1. Because I'll be surrounded by people like you, and 2. Because when it's all over...Jonny will be back in my arms.
So...to the author of this text..."Just read your last few blog entries. The world conspires against you at times, but God doesn't put anything in your path that you can't handle. Stay strong and this too shall pass."...and all the texts to come...Thank you, I love you...and God Bless :)
No comments:
Post a Comment