Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dear Jon...

May 24, 2011



Dear Jonny,

What do you say in a good bye letter?  What do you say when all the words fall short?  I love you?  I miss you? That doesn't even begin to describe how I feel about you.  Not even close.  So what do you say?  I'm not sure words will ever be enough...but for the moment, they're all I have.

Truth is, I can't imagine spending a day without you...let alone a year.  But I will do it. We will do it...because I can't imagine spending the rest of my life without you either.

I fell in love with you the moment I met you.  Seriously.  As mushy and romantic as I am, I didn't even belive that love at first sight existed.  And then I met you and that all changed.  Simply put - you took my breath away, and that first kiss in the parking lot sealed the deal for me.  Fireworks.  I literally saw fireworks :)  And I've never looked back.  I fall deeper in love with you every single day.  I love you more than anyone or anything in this world, and I know without a doubt, that you are the one for me.

I can only hope that you feel the exact same way.

So, here's my promise to you.  I will wait for you.  I will wait all 365 days until you come home and are back in my arms once again.  I will love you with every fiber in my being for as long as you'll let me.  I will be yours...mind, body and soul.  100% devoted to you.  Seems a little over the top...but every word of it is true, and I want to make sure you know exactly how I feel before you leave.  And should you ever forget when you're in the middle of a desert thousands of miles away - I want you to pull this letter out, and remind yourself.  You're all I want...all I need...and everything I've been hoping for.

To say I'm the luckiest girl in the world doesn't begin to describe it.

I will pray for you Jonny.  Every day.  Every night.  I will think of you constantly and miss you terribly.  And yes, I will cry - but I'll be OK.  This deployment will make us stronger and bring us closer together -- just like AT did.  I can't stomach the thought that God would have brought you into my life, just to take you away.  He can't be that cruel.  We will make it through this, I promise.

I love you.  Today.  Tomorrow.  And 365 days from now.  You're my everything, and I can't wait for you to come home.

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment