I just said good bye...for the fourth time. It never gets any easier.
The first time was at his deployment ceremony in May, the second at the BBQ from hell at Fort McCoy, the third in the parking lot of a Dick's Sporting Goods, and the fourth, as I washed dishes in my apartment.
He's boarding a plane as we speak. Getting ready to take a 20-hour flight to the unknown. 20 hours closer to death, destruction, war...and 20 hours further away from me.
I didn't cry. I haven't cried since the BBQ, not a single tear. Which is a good thing. It's a great thing actually. The stronger I am, the stronger he is, the more he opens up to me, the more he trusts me, and the closer we get.
One day at a time. Just keep swimming.
He told me he'd let me know once he landed. I'm not sure if that means he'll be calling...or e-mailing or what. I can't wait.
It's our fourth good bye...and certainly not our last...but the best part of that is - that only means there will be that many more hello's.
Love you Jon. Fly safe. See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment