Tuesday, August 2, 2011

twenty.seven.minutes.

27 minutes.  I got to talk to him for 27 minutes. You would have thought it was 8 hours.  I can't tell you the last time we talked for 27 minutes.  Actually...I'm not sure we've *ever* talked for 27 minutes, and I certainly didn't think the first time we'd hit that milestone would be while he was in Kuwait.

It makes me smile.

It warms my heart.

And it re-charges my loneliness battery. 

The way I see it...I have at least another week or two before I'm chomping at the bit to hear his voice again.   Oh...his voice.  You have no idea how nice it was to hear that voice.  To hear him laugh.  The connection was far clearer than I thought...it was almost like he was across town instead of across the globe.  God, it was just so nice.  I can't describe it. 

I love him...I really, really do...

...and every last second of those 27 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment